Career | Personality Assessments & Testing
We offer Assessments & Testing Services for our Clients, which can be utilized to determine if you are on the right Career Path or need to veer in a different direction for your future goals. These Assessments and Tests may also be added to your Career Portfolio.
Career Assessments and Personality Tests are utilized to determine your personality type, your values, your interests, and your skills. They can be used to assess what type of person you are or, more specifically, to determine your aptitude for a certain type of occupation or career.
These resources are useful in transitional moments of your career; e.g. if you are looking for your first job, or interested in a change in career paths, a test is a good way to assess careers that might be ideal. If you already have a career or want to transition, either of these tests can illustrate whether you need more training or experience. They can also show you what skills you have that will make you a strong candidate AND can assist in better content for your resumes and cover letters.
There is an array of personality tests, including the top rated and popular Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which helps to explore career options. Your Recruiter/Coach will assess with you which Personality Test will best suite your goals. There are quite a variety of modules and offerings, the RII Consultant and Client will determine together which combination fits your needs; cost will be dependent on the package chosen by the Client.
There are also a variety of tests that measure: intelligence or aptitude, inventory your skills and assess your ability to succeed in a particular career. Again, deciding which and/or combination of assessments needed will be determined by your goals and objectives.
- APTITUDE TESTS | Aptitude tests measure your ability to acquire a skill or do a particular type of work. These are the types of tests employers use to screen candidates for employment. Self-assessment and aptitude tests are available online and, in many cases, are free. Tests are available on just about every topic; these are utilized to determine whether you have an aptitude for sales or for firefighting, for example.
- CAREER TESTS | Career tests are used to provide an indication of which jobs match your personality type and which careers you have an aptitude for. You can take a quick test online and get immediate results or take a more extensive (and professional) test to determine which careers might interest you.
- INTELLIGENCE (IQ) TESTS (RII DOES NOT OFFER THESE TYPES OF TESTS; HOWEVER YOU MAY CHOOSE TO TAKE AN IQ TEST FOR YOUR PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE) | Intelligence tests measure your intellectual functioning; They are designed to measure an individual’s mental skills. A person’s intelligent quotient (IQ) is a measure of intelligence derived from the results of specially designed tests.
- INVENTORIES | Inventories are checklists that you can use to identify factors that you relate to and which you don’t. They measure how your interests match those of other people employed in certain occupations. Career inventories, e.g. the Strong Interest Inventory, provide a summary of your interest areas and the occupations that match your interests.
- PERSONALITY TESTS | Personality tests and other psychological tests measure your personal characteristics, your emotional makeup and your stability. They are often used by trained career counselors as a tool in the self-assessment part of the career planning process. Some of these tests can be personally interpreted online; others may require a Coach or a Counselor to interpret.